- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2017 Courses in Geological Sciences
- 2016-17 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
Science Fest 2016
Giant thanks to all the volunteers who contributed to a superb Science Fest on Saturday. We’ve successfully turned a new generation of young scientists on to the glories of earth and atmospheric sciences. More information and slides
Earthquake Shakeout Drill at IU
No, it’s not students overwhelmed with mid-semester academic stress...it just so happened that Dr. Michael Hamburger was teaching a class on natural disasters when IU held its first Earthquake Shakeout Drill on October 20. When the mock earthquake occurred in the middle of his class, Dr. Hamburger helped the class practice how to protect themselves to prepare for a future earthquake that will inevitably strike south-central Indiana. More information
Events and Outreach
- October 31: Leah Morgan, USGS Title: VPrecision and accuracy in 40Ar/39Ar geochronology and its application to the Middle- to Late-Acheulean at Hugub, Ethiopia.
- 4:00 p.m. GY126. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby.
New paleontology platform on Notes From Nature
Tutoring study hours with GeoClub
GeoClub is hosting tutoring/study hours again this semester, every Monday from 5:00pm-7:00pm in room G24.
A new blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU launched on August 22nd. GeoSci graduate student Anna Nowicki Jesse is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.