- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2016-2017 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Fall 2016 Courses in Geological Sciences
- 2015-16 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
In Memory: Professor Emeritus Donald Hattin
Professor Emeritus Donald Hattin passed away peacefully on Friday, June 24, 2016 in Bloomington Indiana.
Dr. Hattin joined the Department of Geological Sciences at Indiana University as an Assistant Professor in 1954 and remained with us until his retirement in 1995.
He received a B.S. in Geology from the University of Massachusetts-Amhers in 1950, an M.S. in Geology from the University of Kansas in 1952, and a Ph.D. in Geology from KU in 1954.
A celebration of Dr. Hattin’s life and work will be held on Saturday, July 23rd at 11:30 am in the Tudor Room at the IU Memorial Union, with a reception to follow in the University club rooms. Click here for more information.
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- Colloquia will resume in the fall.