Is tuition hurting your wallet hard lately? Here are two great scholarship opportunities for Asian American students studying Accounting or Business!
Indiana CPA Society Diversity Summit Scholarship
INCPAS is currently accepting applications for the Diversity Summit Scholarship. Completed applications are due to INCPAS no later than June 15th.
Multiple scholarships of $500 will be awarded at the INCPAS Diversity Summit on Aug. 9 th at the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
– Must be an under-represented U.S. racial/ethnic minority student;
– Must be a college student enrolled in an Indiana college/university and studying accounting;
– Must be an Indiana resident;
– Must have demonstrated academic success (with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale);
– Must have an interest in accounting and/or business;
– Must be a student leader.
For additional information, download the Diversity Summit Scholarship application.
Applications must be sent to Ali Paul, Leadership & Outreach Manager, 8250 Woodfield Crossing Blvd., #100, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or . For questions, call Ali Paul at (317) 726-5025.
The Asian Women In Business Scholarship
Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Have at least one or more of the following:
a) demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Additional $2,500 will be awarded to applicants (for a total of $5,000) who can demonstrate a financial need, by submitting a copy of the most current FAFSA form.
There are a lot of scholarship opportunities available for minorities, so don’t hesitate to get a good Google search going to cash in on the rewards. If you would like some help on your search, don’t hesitate to ask us. Good luck to everyone!