It is that time of year where we elect our new board for the year 2014-2015. It will be at Psychology Building Rm101 from 6PM to 7PM. FREE PIZZA!!! Every position is open on the executive board:
President (have to be on executive board at least one year)
- in charge of running the meetings
- go to different meetings
- do administration work
- helps out the President with whatever is needed
- take minutes every meeting
- in charge of emailing to the members and checking the AAA email
- in charge of the AAA account!!!
- in charge of the AAA budget
Publicity Committee (2 people)
- take pictures
- in charge of the website
- know how to make posters and flyers
- in charge of the Facebook account
Special Events Committee (2 people)
- in charge of creating events every month
Public Relations Committee (2 people)
- in charge of being in contact with other AAPI groups around the Midwest
- in charge of being in contact with Asian student organizations and other organizations on campus
- in charge of publishing articles/ blogs on the What’s Up section of the AAA website every month
Hope to see you all there!
Asian American Association hosts BBQ~
Date: Saturday, April 5th
Time: 1PM until whenever
Location: Campus View Shelter
Come for free food and games, meet new people and make lifelong friends!
Date: March 29th
Location: IU Cinema
Aspiring filmmaker Evan Jackson Leong needed a documentary subject, and high school basketball player Jeremy Lin fit the bill. What Leong could never have imagined in his wildest dreams was Lin’s sudden, meteoric rise to planetary NBA sensation in 2012 as the New York Knicks’ backup point guard. Before “Linsanity” took the world by storm, Leong was there to capture every step of this legend in the making. (Digital presentation)
To celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2014, IU Cinema showcases “Movement,” a series of Asian Pacific American films. “Movement” invites audiences to consider the multifaceted vibrancies and complexities of Asian Pacific American individuals and communities. It implies evolution and transformation. And it denotes the physical and literal (athletic prowess, international migration), the metaphorical and interior (psychological, emotional), and the social and political (the rise of celebrity, grassroots organizing).