Japan Earthquake and TsunamiIndiana University Bloomington
Ways to Help
Relief funds that the Japanese Student Association recommends:
- Japanese Red Cross Society (through Google Crisis Response)
- Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
- Japan NGO Earthquake Relief and Recovery Fund
100% of the received funds will be distributed directly among the affected individuals through the Distribution Committee, which is formed around the local governments of the disaster-affected prefectures.
The Japan-America Society of Indiana (JASI) has established a statewide Japan Earthquake Relief Fund. The Society will distribute 100% of the funds in a timely manner to carefully selected Japanese relief organizations assisting the affected areas.
Establsihed by Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE). 50% of the funds raised will go directly to the Center for Public Resources Development's "Give One" initiative, which raises funds for leading Japanese organizations that are working on the ground to provide immediate disaster relief. The remaining 50% will be used to establish a separate fund to support Japanese NGOs engaged in long-term reconstruction efforts, which will be critical in the months and years ahead.
Additional Recommended Organizations
- American Red Cross
- Japan Society
- Japan Foundation
- Japan Center for International Exchange and the Center for Public Resources Development
- City of Indianapolis and Mayor Greg Ballard Donation Drive partner with Japan-America Society of Indiana (JASI)