Rinku Roy Chowdhury
- Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
Student Building 120
701 E. Kirkwood Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: (812) 855-3854
rroychow[at]indiana [dot] edu
- To access Dr. Roy Chowdhury's CV, click here.
To access Dr. Roy Chowdhury's faculty profile on IU's Geography department website, click here.
Ph.D., Geography, Clark University, 2003
M.S., Conservation Ecology and Sustainable Development, University of Georgia, 1996
B.A., Computer Science and Environmental Science, Wellesley College, 1994
- Land Change Science
- Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change
- Cultural and Political Ecology
- Landscape and Conservation Ecology
- Roy Chowdhury, R. and E.F. Moran. nd. Turning the Curve: A theoretical, methodological and empirical review of Kuznets Approaches. Accepted in the Journal of Applied Geography.
- Roy Chowdhury, R. 2010. Differentiation and concordance in smallholder land use strategies in southern Mexico's conservation frontier. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the USA 107:5780–5785.
- C. Radel, B. Schmook and R. Roy Chowdhury. 2010. Agricultural Livelihood Diversification in the Southern Yucatán Region: Diverging Paths with Implications for Environmental Change. In press, Regional Environmental Change.
- Impoinvil, D.E., J. Keating, C.M. Mbogo, M.D. Potts, R. Roy Chowdhury and J.C. Beier. 2008. Abundance of immature Anopheles and culicines (Diptera: Culicidae) in different water body types in the urban environment of Malindi, Kenya. Journal of Vector Ecology 33(1): 107-116.
- Roy Chowdhury, R. 2007. Household land management and biodiversity: Secondary succession in a forest-agriculture mosaic in southern Mexico. Ecology and Society 12(2): 31. [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol12/iss2/art31/
- Roy Chowdhury, R. 2006. Driving forces of tropical deforestation: The role of remote sensing and spatial models. Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography 27(1): 82-101.
- Roy Chowdhury, R. 2006. Landscape change in the Calakmul Biosphere Reserve, Mexico: Modeling the driving forces of smallholder deforestation in land parcels. Applied Geography 26(2): 129-152.
- Roy Chowdhury, R. and B. L. Turner II. 2006. Reconciling agency and structure in empirical analysis: Smallholder land use in the southern Yucatán, Mexico. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 96(2): 302-322.
Student Theses and Dissertations
- Nicholas Vaughn, PhD, in progress
- Michael Perkins, PhD, in progress
- Scott Hetrick, M.S., in progress
- Nina Hensarling, M.A., in progress
- Monique Hernandez, PhD (University of Miami), completed 2008