American Studies, IUB @ ASA 2014
2014 AMERICAN STUDIES ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING - November 6-9
"The Fun and Fury: New Dialectics of Pleasure and Pain In the Post-American Century
Westin Bonaventure, Los Angeles, CA
November 610:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Paper Submission: Traditional Format
Global Lockdown: Policing and Protest from the Americas to the Middle East
- Micol Seigel - "Policing Piplines: Channeling Oil and Empire from Alaska to Saudi Arabia"
Intimate Ways of Seeing: Queer Diasporas and Interracial Friendships in the U.S. and Global South
- Jordache Ellapen - "Race Craft Beyond the Black/White Binary, Towards a Queer Diasporic Framework"
November 810:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Paper Session: On Line Format
Circuits of Pleasure: New Visions of Black Cinema
- Cara Caddoo - "Spectacles of Trauma: Cinema and the Aesthetics of Black Modernity"
Watch Cara Caddoo's presentation here: https://vimeo.com/108829633
- Vivian Halloran - "Running Numbers: Blaxploitation Filmmaking and Chester Himes' Harlem Cycle" Watch Vivian Halloran's presentation here: https://connect.iu.edu/p8nkvuwf0a6/
- Marlon Bailey, Panelist - Sex is...Sex Ain't: Working at the Critical Edge of Sex, Politics, Art, and Industry
November 92:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Non-Paper Session: Performative Format
- Courtney Mitchel, Panelist - Theory Beyond the Regime of the Theoretical: Fun With Race, Sex, Dis/ability, and Performance