- Students pursuing an Honors B.A. in American Studies must maintain a GPA of 3.500 or above in the major; and a GPA of 3.300 overall in the College.
- Students pursuing an Honors B.A. in American Studies must demonstrate advanced language competency in a foreign language--equivalent to a third year of study. This may require students to take an additional two semesters of a foreign language beyond the standard College requirements, including at least one course at the 300 level or above that studies a foreign language literature. The language chosen for study must pertain directly to American studies and requires the approval of the Chair of American Studies.
- In addition to the major requirements, honors students must complete
- AMST-A 451 Honors Senior Seminar in American Studies (3 cr.);
- AMST-A 452 Honors Thesis in American Studies (3 cr.); and
- the language requirement for a total of 42 credits.