CISAB sponsors an annual Animal Behavior Conference each spring. Attended by over 130 students and scientists from across the country, the conference offers an outstanding opportunity for animal behaviorists to meet and present their latest research.
The conference consists of ≈20 talks across multiple sessions and an afternoon poster session. It culminates with a plenary lecture by a highly accomplished researcher in the field of animal behavior and an evening reception open to all participants. Previous plenary lecturers have included:
- Carl D. Hopkins, Cornell University
- Marlene Zuk, UC Riverside
- Lauren V. Riters, University of Wisconsin (ABC '06)
- Michael J. Ryan, University of Texas at Austin (ABC '07)
- Irving Zucker, UC Berkeley (ABC '08)
- Darcy Kelley, Columbia University (ABC '09)
- Roy Caldwell, UC Berkeley (ABC '10)
- Sergio M. Pellis, University of Lethbridge (ABC '11)
- John C. Wingfield, UC Davis (ABC '12)
- Frances Champagne (ABC '13)
This year, we are excited to welcome Mark Blumberg of the University of Iowa as our keynote speaker. Dr. Blumberg's keynote address will focus on his exciting research about sleep!
The 2014 conference will take place from Thursday, April 24 through Saturday, April 26.
Also mark your calendar for the 2014 satellite symposium, which will take place on Saturday, April 26th! This year's symposium topic will be "Sex: from codons to condoms, the mechanisms and consequences of sexual behavior." We are excited to welcome Jim Pfaus from Concordia University as our keynote speaker for the 2014 satellite symposium.
New: Accomodation information has been added. Participants are encouraged to book rooms early, because the popular Little 500 bicycle races take place during the same weekend as our conference.
Information on this website will be updated frequently over the coming months as we prepare for the conference.
Site last updated: Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm