Pre-conference Workshops and Seminars on Tuesday, June 21
ASLE will once again offer a number of pre-conference workshops and seminars led by prominent environmental writers and critics:
- A Workshop for Graduate Students and Academic Professionals - Tom J. Hillard, Rochelle Johnson, Sarah Jaquette Ray, Mark Long and John Tallmadge (this workshop is combining two previously separate worshops, Staying Alive and Graduate Student Workshop)
- Early Modern Literature & Ecocriticism Seminar - Simon Estok
- Ecological Media & Ecocriticism Seminar - Sid Dobrin and Salma Monani
- Place-Based Pedagogy Workshop - Buddy Huffaker, Aldo Leopold Foundation
- Human Natures: Approaches to Teaching EcoLiterature & Human Groups (seminar) - Kimberly Ruffin
- Global Indigeneity, Environmental Justice, and Ecocriticism Seminar - Joni Adamson and John Gamber
- Word Play: Creative Writing Workshop - Ann Fisher-Wirth and Janine DeBaise
Each workshop and seminar will last for three hours on the afternoon of June 21 and will be limited to 15 participants. Advanced registration is required and will begin October 15 and close March 15 (or when full, whichever is earlier). Some pre-conference preparation will be required for seminars, including short position papers. Because titles of position papers will be listed in the conference program, we encourage (but will not require) seminar participants to consider attending the seminar in lieu of presenting at the conference itself (rather than doing both).
For further information or to pre-register for a pre-conference workshops and seminars, please contact Greta Gaard: greta.gaard uwrf.edu.