A Liberal Arts Degree - Is It Worth It?
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012
Be a part of this timely discussion.
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Time: Reception 6:00 - 6:30pm (4th Floor Lobby), Discussion 6:45 - 8:00pm (Rm 405)
Location: Campus Center,420 University Blvd. Indianapolis
With increasing tuition rates and student loan debt, is a college education even worth the expense? Please join IU College of Arts & Sciences administrators and faculty to discuss pressing questions regarding this hot button topic. Audience members should plan to participate in a lively discussion with questions for the panelists - and each other! The discussion will be led by:
• Larry Singell, Dean, IU College of Arts and Sciences
• Jamsheed Choksy, Professor of Central Eurasian Studies and History; Presidentially- appointed and Senatorially-conformed member, United States National Council on the Humanities
• Richard Miller, Professor of Religious Studies and Director, Poynter Center for the Study of Ethics and American Institutions
This event is free and open to the public, but preregistration with the College of Arts and Sciences Office of Advancement is required. Registrants will receive a copy of The College magazine’s article, “Is a College Degree Worth the Cost” prior to the event.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 812-855-7934.
Samuel N. Rosenberg (translator)
- Anammox Planctomycetes have a peptidoglycan cell wall
- Bub3 promotes Cdc20-dependent activation of the APC/C in S. cerevisiae
- A new quorum sensing system (TprA/PhrA) for Streptococcus pneumoniae D39 that regulates a...
- Concordance of bacterial communities of two tick species and blood of their shared rodent host