I completed my B.S. in Chemistry from St. Xavier’s College Kolkata, India (2007), and M.S. in analytical chemistry from University of Calcutta, India (2009). Following my masters I worked for two years in Unilever Industries Pvt. Ltd. as a research executive in the analytical division. There my work mainly included bioactivity guided fractionation, isolation and characterization of potential active ingredients in medicinal plants. I joined IU as a graduate student in the fall of 2011.
Publication at IU:
1. Saha-Shah, A.; Weber, A. E.; and Karty, J. A.; Ray, S. J. Hieftje, G. M. Baker, L. A. Nanopipettes: Probes for Local Sample Analysis, Chem. Sci. 2015, accepted. (DOI: 10.1039/C5SC00668F)
2. Haywood, D. G.; Saha-Shah, A.; Baker, L. A.; Jacobson, S. C.; Anal. Chem. 2015, 87, 172-187.
Publication prior to IU:
Saha A.; Pawar V M; Jayaraman S.; Characterisation of Polyphenols in Terminalia arjuna Bark Extract, Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences, 2012, 74, 339-47.
1. Saha-Shah, A.; Karty, J. A.; Ray, S. J.; Hieftje, G. M.; Baker, L. A. Nanopipettes for Nanoscale Analysis by MALDI-MS, 65th Pittsburgh Conference, New Orleans, LA, Mar. 2015.
2. Saha-Shah, A.; Karty, J. A.; Ray, S. J.; Hieftje, G. M.; Baker, L. A. Nanopipettes for Nanoliter Sampling and Subsequent MALDI-MS Analysis, Turkey Run Analytical Chemistry Conference, Marshall, IN, November 2014.
3. Saha A., Ray S. J. Baker L. A. Development of a Sampling Technique for Single Cell MALDI Mass Spectrometry, 64th Pittsburgh Conference, Chicago, IL, Mar. 2014.
4. Saha, A.; Shi, W.; McDonagh, B.; Baker, L. A. 4. Nano pipette functionalization for label free biosensing, 246th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Indianapolis, IN, United States, Sept 2013.
5. Saha A., Ray S. J. Baker L. A. Development of a sampling technique for single cell MALDI mass spectrometry, Turkey Run Analytical Chemistry Conference, Marshall, IN, Sept 2013.
C343 Organic Chemistry I: Fall 2011, 2012, Spring 2013.
Associate Instructor, C344 Organic Chemistry II: Spring 2012, 2014.
Associate Instructor, C101 General Chemistry: Fall 2013.
Associate Instructor, A 315 Analytical Chemistry: Fall 2014.
Associate Instructor, C 611 Electroanalytical Chemistry: Spring 2015.
Member: American Chemical Society
Member: Student Electroanalytical Chemistry Society, Indiana University chapter.