April 14, 2012
13th and Fee Lane [map]
Promoting the education and awareness of the dangers and issues surrounding addiction and substance abuse, primarily through
the use of live music and local resources as a way to connect the Bloomington community in a safe, engaging way!
- Promote local music and art
- Provide resource information
- Connect community and students to resources
- Educate through free full-scale concert
- Awareness at high risk times
- Educate people on what to do if in trouble
- Stay informed on local and national legislation
- Make informed, educated, and responsible decisions to live responsibly
- Be proactive, not reactive - donít wait to save a life
The Indiana Boys
Singer Songwriter/Americana group with an electrifying acoustic approach to music.
The Indiana Boys started out life in 2004 as a rotating ensemble of musicians, centered around singer-songwriter and guitarist, Dick Gist. The band evolved through various permutations, finally crystallizing around Dick and a talented young vocalist and songwriter named Kenan Rainwater. With Dick's encouragement, the two slowly assembled a body of original music that they would perform with regular help from bassist Dan Bilger and mandolin virtuoso Barry Todd.
Kenan began pestering his long-time friend, banjo player Joe Bolinger, to open Pandora's box and let him perform some of the original songs that Joe had written over the years and had stored in various (literal) shoe boxes in his house. This lead to Joe eventually joining the band as a songwriter, banjo player, and occasional backup vocalist.
Finally, with this core group of Dick, Kenan, Joe, Barry, and Dan, the band felt complete.