April 14, 2012
13th and Fee Lane [map]
Promoting the education and awareness of the dangers and issues surrounding addiction and substance abuse, primarily through
the use of live music and local resources as a way to connect the Bloomington community in a safe, engaging way!
- Promote local music and art
- Provide resource information
- Connect community and students to resources
- Educate through free full-scale concert
- Awareness at high risk times
- Educate people on what to do if in trouble
- Stay informed on local and national legislation
- Make informed, educated, and responsible decisions to live responsibly
- Be proactive, not reactive - don’t wait to save a life
San Clemente is Nick Floyd (vocals, guitar), Cory Wiley (lead guitar), Seth Wagner (bass), and Matt Floyd (drums, vocals). With all members being natives of Bloomington, IN, these four musicians have been playing together since they were in middle school. This brings unlimited advantages throughout the creative process, as the members experience incidents of near-ESP. Despite being overly familiarized with band mates’ tendencies, each member never ceases to surprise one another.
San Clemente is currently recording their untitled debut album, which will be released in July of 2010. By taking a scheduled approach throughout the recording process, each band member is able to draw from past and current influences. Aside from recording an upcoming album, San Clemente continues to avidly contribute to Bloomington’s live music scene. Playing the Bluebird, 902’s, Jake’s, and Bear’s Place, among others, allowed San Clemente to develop a keen sense of what really “gets a crowd going”.
Rock and Roll is back and it’s ready to feed. Let it be known, Rock and Roll takes no prisoners, but it will make you a fighter. If you feel like Rock and Roll has lost its place in today’s music scene, this is your jam.
San Clemente: Charleston Waltz
This text will be replaced by the flash music player.