April 14, 2012
13th and Fee Lane [map]
Promoting the education and awareness of the dangers and issues surrounding addiction and substance abuse, primarily through
the use of live music and local resources as a way to connect the Bloomington community in a safe, engaging way!
- Promote local music and art
- Provide resource information
- Connect community and students to resources
- Educate through free full-scale concert
- Awareness at high risk times
- Educate people on what to do if in trouble
- Stay informed on local and national legislation
- Make informed, educated, and responsible decisions to live responsibly
- Be proactive, not reactive - donít wait to save a life
Taken In is a high energy rock band whose stage presence and intense shows sets them apart from other bands. The band started in Mooresville, Indiana with Kyle Marcum and a few of his friends as members. After a few years of trying different guitarists & drummers, the band finally found the right combination & sound that they were looking for in the current members. The band kicked off their career in the summer of 2009 with a local Battle of the Bands contest. In the battle, they beat many of the local, established bands and took home their first prize. It wasn't long before they were playing shows all around the county and building up a strong fan base in the west and southern regions of Indiana by playing at many dance clubs & parties. In the summer of 2010 they recorded the EP "Apoca! lyptic Sickness and in 2011 finished the "Through Shallow Waters" EP building to their release of their debut full length album "Ghosts of the Past" in the Spring of 2012. Starting June 2012, Taken In will be touring with Rober Curry's U Rock Tour. With musical influences ranging from Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu, and A Day to Remember, these albums feature intricate guitar parts and driving rhythms that showcase their original hard rock style.
My Calling (A Song for Lindsey)