April 14, 2012
13th and Fee Lane [map]
Promoting the education and awareness of the dangers and issues surrounding addiction and substance abuse, primarily through
the use of live music and local resources as a way to connect the Bloomington community in a safe, engaging way!
- Promote local music and art
- Provide resource information
- Connect community and students to resources
- Educate through free full-scale concert
- Awareness at high risk times
- Educate people on what to do if in trouble
- Stay informed on local and national legislation
- Make informed, educated, and responsible decisions to live responsibly
- Be proactive, not reactive - donít wait to save a life
Thanasphere was originally formed in 2008 under than name Pariah. The band then consisted of Luke LaFontaine, Evan Pruitt, Ashton Morris, Corwin Deckard, and Niko Albanese. Pariah was well received after winning the 2008 YIA Battle of the Bands and began the long transformation that led them to where they are today. Since they formed, Thanasphere has gone through several lineup changes, a name change, and a killing spree involving many old songs deemed too crippled by birth defects to carry on.
Currently, Thanasphere is made up of it's strongest lineup to date consisting of Doug Johnson and Corwin Deckard on Guitar, Dimitri Kalpakidis on Vocals, Niko Albanese on Drums, and A.J. Flynn on bass. They are hard at work writing new material while hitting the studio to bring forth their first full length album, expected for release in June.