April 14, 2012
13th and Fee Lane [map]
Promoting the education and awareness of the dangers and issues surrounding addiction and substance abuse, primarily through
the use of live music and local resources as a way to connect the Bloomington community in a safe, engaging way!
- Promote local music and art
- Provide resource information
- Connect community and students to resources
- Educate through free full-scale concert
- Awareness at high risk times
- Educate people on what to do if in trouble
- Stay informed on local and national legislation
- Make informed, educated, and responsible decisions to live responsibly
- Be proactive, not reactive - donít wait to save a life
Addicted to Music Philanthropy
Charles "Corky" Owen McCormick IV overdosed and died the day he was to graduate from Center Grove High School in Greenwood, Indiana
on May 27, 2005.
Like Corky, countless people worldwide face the pains of addiction. The Music Committee of the Business Careers in Entertainment Club
(BCEC) has organized a free event inviting people to kick addiction and become "Addicted to Music." The underlying theme of the concert
is that everyone has been affected by addiction, whether personally or through a friend or family member. This concert will serve as a
host to several addiction resources from throughout the state including Amethyst House, IU's Alcohol and Drug Information Center, the Indiana Prevention Resource Center, Indiana Addiction Issues Coalition, IU's Counseling and Psychological Services, and the Office for Women's Affairs. Proceeds from the event will be donated to Amethyst House.