Assessment, evaluation, and testing are essential processes in teaching and learning. The IU Bloomington Evaluation Services and Testing (BEST) helps IU faculty, students, and administrators with these activities through:
- Consultation with departments and individual faculty concerning assessment of student learning, evaluation of teaching, and educational surveys.
- Research and development of technologies used for testing, evaluation, and grade keeping.
- Development and maintenance of a system for course evaluation (Multi-Op) which is used by most IUB departments.
- Administration of placement tests and national standardized tests.
- Machine scoring of tests, surveys, and evaluation instruments.