Beyond the Racial State
rethinking nazi germany
Indiana University, Bloomington, October 23-25, 2009
For conference participants
The hosts of Beyond The Racial State will be arranging lodging at the Hilton Garden Inn for all external presenters, chairs and discussants. Please contact Mark Roseman for more information.
Indiana Memorial Union
- Phone: 800.209.8145 or 812.856.6381
- Fax: 812.855.3426
- Email reservation requests: http://imu.indiana.edu/hotel/index.shtml
- Hilton Garden Inn
National chain. 12-15 minute walk to IMU
877.STAYHGI (toll free)
- Grant Street Inn
Locally owned. Charming bed and breakfast, 3 minute walk to the IMU
- Courtyard by Marriott
National chain. 15-20 minute walk to IMU
- Information about other area accommodations is available at the Bloomington Visitors and Convention Bureau
900 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
The Indiana Memorial Union operates as a hotel, a conference center and a student union.
- Kirkwood Avenue is a main street leading from campus to downtown Bloomington. Along Kirkwood you will find many casual eating options.
- 4th Street is renowned for its unusual and unusually large selection of ethnic restaurants – Indian, Italian, Moroccan, Thai, Burmese, Mexican, Cajun and Korean. Located between 4th and Kirkwood is one of only two restaurants in the US featuring authentic Tibetan cuisine.
Dining in Bloomington
There are many pleasant pubs, restaurants and coffee houses located a short walking distance from campus.
A comprehensive Bloomington Dining Guide will be included with your conference check-in materials.