The department strongly encourages members of the IU Biology community to submit news items for inclusion on the website. Items and relevant links should be emailed to the Biology webmaster. To reserve the news section for high impact, high visibility items of maximal interest to potential graduate students, we automatically include the following types of news about staff, graduate students, researchers and postdocs, and faculty:
- news accompanied by an IU press release
- publications in Science, Nature, Cell, PNAS, PLOS Biology, Nature Reviews, Current Biology, Genes & Development, and Trends in "XXX"
- cover articles
- national honors and awards
- university-level honors, awards, and recognition
- federal grants and fellowships (DoE, Human Frontiers, NSF, NIH, USDA)
News not addressed by these guidelines will be reviewed by the web committee on a case-by-case basis.