Faculty & Research
- Contact Information
- Contact Kimberly Rosvall by krosvall [at] indiana [dot] edu
- By telephone: 856-2375
- JH A305A
- Research Areas
Ph.D. Duke University, 2009
- Rosvall, KA. 2013. Life history trade-offs and behavioral sensitivity to testosterone: an experimental test when female aggression and maternal care co-occur. PLoS ONE 8(1): e54120.
- Bergeon Burns, CM*; Rosvall, KA*; Ketterson ED. . J. Evolutionary Biology. 26(4):820-31. * equal author contribution
- Peterson, MP; Rosvall, KA; Choi, J; Ziegenfus, C; Tang, H; Colbourne, JK; Ketterson, ED. 2013. Testosterone affects neural gene expression differently in male and female juncos: a role for hormones in mediating sexual dimorphism and conflict. PLoS ONE. 8(4): e61784.
- Peterson, MP; Rosvall, KA; Taylor, CA; Choi, JH; Ziegenfus, C; Tang, H; Colbourne, JK; Ketterson, ED. In press. Potential for sexual conflict assessed via testosterone-mediated transcriptional changes in liver and muscle of a songbird J. Experimental Biology.
- Rosvall, KA. In press. Proximate perspectives on the evolution of female aggression: Good for the gander, good for the goose? Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, B.
- Rosvall, KA; Bergeon Burns, CM; Hahn, TP; Ketterson, ED. In press. Sources of variation in HPG axis reactivity and individually consistent elevation of sex steroids in a female songbird. General & Comparative Endocrinology.
- Bergeon Burns, CM; Rosvall, KA; Hahn, TP; Demas, GE; Ketterson, ED. In press. Examining sources of variation in HPG axis function among individuals and populations of the dark-eyed junco. Hormones & Behavior.
Rosvall, KA; Bergeon Burns; CM, Barske; J, Goodson, JL; Schlinger, BA; Sengelaub, DR; Ketterson, ED. 2012. Neural sensitivity to sex steroids predicts individual differences in aggression: implications for behavioral evolution. Proceedings of the Royal Society, B. 279: 3547-3555.
- Rosvall, KA*; Reichard, DG*; Ferguson, SM; Whittaker, DJ; Ketterson, ED. 2012. Robust behavioral effects of song playback in the absence of testosterone or corticosterone release. Hormones & Behavior. 62: 418-425. * equal author contribution
- Rosvall, KA. 2011. Cost of female intrasexual aggression in terms of offspring quality: a cross-fostering study. Ethology, 117: 1-13.
- Rosvall, KA. 2011. By any name, female-female competition yields differential mating success. Behavioral Ecology, 22: 1144-1146.
- Rosvall, KA. 2011. Maintenance of variation in sexually selected traits in females: a case study using intrasexual aggression in tree swallows. Journal of Avian Biology, 42: 454-462.
- Rosvall, KA. 2011. Intrasexual competition among females: evidence for sexual selection? Behavioral Ecology, 22: 1131-1140.
- Rosvall, KA. 2010. Do males offset the cost of female aggression? An experimental test in a biparental songbird. Behavioral Ecology, 21: 161-168.
- Rosvall, KA. 2008. Sexual selection on aggressiveness in females: evidence from an experimental test with tree swallows. Animal Behaviour, 75: 1603-1610.