Faculty & Research
- Contact Information
- Contact Nancy Magill by ngmagill [at] indiana [dot] edu
- By telephone: 812-856-5978
B.S., Allegheny College
M.S. ('82) and Ph.D. ('88) in Microbiology, Cornell University
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Connecticut Health Center (1988-95)
A focus of Dr. Magill's research has been on starvation stress responses including sporulation. Her research interests have included sporulation of Bacillus sp. and antibiotic resistance.
She has worked at Rhode Island Hospital and at a US EPA-GLP lab.
Dr. Magill has taught at a number of colleges and universities. Courses that she has previously taught include: Bacteriology and lab, Microbiology and lab, Immunology, Cell Physiology and lab, Genetics, Cell and Molecular Biology, and Human Biology.
Undergraduate courses she currently teaches include:
- T315 Biotechnology Laboratory
- T322 Biotechnology Writing and Communication
- T215 Diagnostics and Forensics Biotechnology Lab