Faculty & Research
- Contact Information
- Contact Albert Ruesink by ruesink [at] indiana [dot] edu
- By telephone: 812-855-5555
- JH 324B
- Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1966
Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for General Botany (Zurich, Switzerland), 1967
1990, Campus Distinguished Service Award
1999, The Senior Class Award for Teaching Excellence in Biology and Dedication to Undergraduates
2004, DSS Blue Ribbon Award, Excellence in Teaching and in Empowering Students with Disabilities at Indiana University Bloomington
2005, James P. Holland Award for Exemplary Teaching & Service to Students
Al Ruesink is nearing retirement and his research lab (plant cell growth and development) has been closed for several years. In addition to teaching hundreds of students annually, he now:
- directs the Masters of the Arts for Teachers (MAT) program in Biology,
- conducts the 7-session Associate Instructor training experience for biology, biochemistry, and medical science students immediately before classes start each fall,
- administers the introductory biology exemption exams on a regular and irregular basis,
- chairs the Biology Committee on Curriculum and Courses,
- conducts Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (UTA) training sessions each semester, and
- evaluates the transferability of biology course credits from other institutions.
- Ruesink, A. Academic Success Guidelines for IUB Summer “Orientation Resource Guide”, 2007
- Ruesink, A. Instructors' Guide for Q201, 120 pp., 1995.
- Ruesink, A. Resource Booklets for High School Biology Teachers, 1989, 1991.