Faculty & Research
Department of Biology Lactation Room
The Department of Biology has designated Myers Hall 060 as a lactation room. The room is private, clean, and open for use by Department members and guests. Any concerns about using the room can be directed to Farrah Bashey-Visser.
Indiana University provides several additional lactation rooms on campus in order to support faculty, staff, and students who are breastfeeding mothers. Each room is secure, clean, and easy to use.
- Indiana Memorial Union: Located in the women's restroom between Sugar and Spice and the Frangipani Room. Requires an access code which can be obtained by calling 855-3849 or visiting the Office for Women's Affairs at Memorial Hall E 123.
- Kelley School of Business: Located in Rm. 422A, which is a women's handicapped restroom. It is on the 4th floor, south side of the building.
- Indiana University Law School: Located in the 3rd floor women's restroom.
- Eigenmann Hall: Room 627. This lactation room requires a key, which can be obtained from the Office for Women's Affairs, Memorial Hall E123.
- School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER): The lactation room is currently in Room 167 but it will be moving at a later date to the new women's lockeroom.
- Wells Library: The lactation room is located in Room 258 on the second floor of the East Tower. Access to the lactation room requires a key. For directions to the room and to check out a key please ask staff at the Service Desk on the second floor located in Government Information, Microforms and Statistical Services (GIMSS). To get to the GIMSS Service Desk take the up escalator from the Wells Library lobby. GIMSS is located through the set of doors on the left at the top of the escalator.
- Franklin Hall: Located in Franklin Hall 321. Requires an access code which can be obtained by calling 855-3849 or visiting the Office for Women's Affairs at Memorial Hall E 123.