Floyd Award for Outstanding Publication in Microbiology
The Floyd Award for Outstanding Publication in Microbiology is available for graduate students performing research in microbiology.
The student does not need to remain enrolled to receive this award (i.e., may have already graduated).
- To be eligible, the publication must have been accepted for publication within the last year.
- The publication must be in a peer-reviewed journal.
(This award will supplement the student’s stipend; i.e., it will not be counted towards the stipend.)
Special Application Materials:
- Complete the Floyd Award for Outstanding Publication application form.
- Include a PDF of the completed manuscript, including all supplemental materials.
- Include a letter from your mentor, which describes the significance and impact of the publication. For publications that have multiple authors, the letter should also indicate the role of the applicant in the project and the applicant's contribution to the final manuscript.
Contact Melanie Marketon if you have questions about this award or the application procedure. Read more about Bayard Franklin Floyd and the most recent recipient »