Awards & Scholarships
- Blatchley Scholarship
- Brackenridge Fellowship
- Crowell Scholarship
- Floyd Microbiology Fellowship
- Floyd Microbiology Publication Award
- Floyd Plant & Fungal Biology Fellowship
- Floyd/Ogg/Cleland Fellowship
- Frey Memorial Fund
- Heiser Fellowship
- Holland Fellowship
- Hoover Fellowship
- Hudock Fellowship
- Indiana Daffodil Society Scholarship
- Konetzka Fellowship
- Mower Award
- Outstanding Associate Instructor Award
- Putnam Research Fellowship
- Roessler Scholarship
- Ruesink Teaching Award
- Schwartz Fellowship
- Taylor Fellowship
- Travel Grants
- Warren Fellowship
Emergency Departmental Funding
Indiana University Awards
- College of Arts and Sciences graduate awards
- IUB College of Arts and Sciences "Dissertation Year Search Fellowship" requires nomination by your advisor and department. Start the nomination process here.
- IU Foundation scholarships (Apply through OneStart. Under the Financial section, select the IU Foundation Application.)
- IU Limited Submission Listings: these are just opportunities with a limit on the number of proposals IU can submit; mostly for faculty and departments, but rare predoc or postdoc opportunities.
Other Funding Resources
- The Biology Graduate Office keeps a binder with examples of successful graduate student grant proposals.
- How to Win a Graduate Fellowship, by Michael Kiparsky
- ScienceCareersFunding: funding information geared specifical for graduate and undergraduate students, affiliated with Science's Next Wave.
- Community of Science: funding searches and email notification service, networking, online CV function
- National Academy of Sciences offers research associateships through their Research Associateship Programs.
- Indiana Space Grant Consortium offers scholarships and fellowships, as well as research grants.
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program offers graduate fellowships for students in various science-related fields, including the life sciences.
- NSF Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant offers research funds for conducting dissertation research.