- Contact Information
- Contact Jeffrey Adrion by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 812-856-4996 (lab)
- JH 131
- Montooth Lab website
- Wade Lab website
- Personal research website
- Department of Biology:
Evolution, Ecology & Behavior
- B.S. Zoology, 2012
North Carolina State University
- Society for the Study of Evolution Rosemary Grant Award, 2013
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, 2013-2018
NIH Training Grant in Genetics, Cellular, and Molecular Science, 2013-2015
Broadly, I am interested in investigating the reciprocal evolutionary effects of modes of inheritance on nuclear-cytoplasmic (N X C) interactions. When gene products physically interact in the cell there exists a potential for genetic incompatibilities. These incompatibilities can be intensified when the mode of inheritance permits previously isolated gene products to interact, as can occur during paternal leakage and hybridization. In Drosophila and Tribolium, I have an opportunity to test the effects of both paternal leakage and hybridization on N X C and N X C X E incompatibilities and vice versa. I hope to address such broad questions as: How important is paternal leakage in contributing to mitochondrial-nuclear incompatibilities and vice versa? What role does the environment play in modifying incompatibilities? What role do these incompatibilities play in genetically isolating populations, and how does this influence speciation? Are the population genetic processes influencing cytonuclear co-evolution relevant to the evolution of vertically-transmitted endosymbionts?
- Adrion, J.R., S. White, K. Montooth. In Prep. Evolution of aminoacyl tRNA synthetase genes: compensatory coevolution or gene expression?
- Adrion, J.R., A. Kousathanas, M. Pascual, H.J. Burrack, N.M. Haddad, A. Bergland, H. Machado, T. Sackton, T. Schlenke, M. Watada, D. Wegmann, and N.D. Singh. In Review. Drosophila suzukii: the genetic footprint of a recent, worldwide invasion.
- Evolution, Talk, 2014, Raleigh, NC
- Society for Molecular Biology and Evolution, Talk, 2014, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Evolution, Poster, 2013, Snowbird, UT
- Genetics Society of America, Poster, 2012, Chicago, IL