(from 2015-16 College of Arts & Sciences Bulletin)
Option 1 or Option 2 must include a minimum of 9 credit hours taken on the Bloomington campus. Students are not allowed to combine the two options. They must choose either Option 1 or Option 2.
This option is recommended for students not majoring in science:
- BIOL L111, L112, L113, L350, L369 and
- An approved statistics course at the 300 level, or one of L330 or L340.
This option is recommended for science majors:
- BIOL L111, L112, L113, and
- An approved statistics course at the 300 level, or one 3-credit, upper-level (300-400) lecture or lab course for biology majors, and
- Additional biology major courses at the 300-level and above to total 18 or more credit hours. A minimum of 9 credit hours must be at the 300-400 level.
Note: Biology X490, X473, and X371 credit cannot count for either option in the biology minor.
Please use the Undergraduate Academic Bulletin that was in effect when you matriculated into Indiana University Bloomington as a degree-seeking student. The minor requirements outlined in the Bulletin in effect at the time of your matriculation will remain constant throughout your undergraduate career, assuming you graduate within eight years. Minor requirements may change from year to year, so it’s important that you refer to the correct Bulletin. If you are uncertain which Bulletin governs your undergraduate career, please consult a Biology advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (812) 855-3810.