Allied Dental Programs
Admission (Distance Learning Program)Applicants should follow admission requirements 1 through 4 for the campus program as well as requirements 5 through 7 listed below:
5. Applicants must identify a sponsoring general practice dentist holding an active Indiana dental license who can provide clinical training in the field of general dentistry.
6. Applicants must meet the university’s technology requirements:
- Office XP or higher software
- Either Internet access at Explorer IE6 or higher DSL or cable modem access
7. Applicants must be able to travel to the Indiana University School of Dentistry when necessary.
Applications will be accepted by the IUSD Student Records and Admissions Office from April 1 to June 15 prior to the fall semester the applicant wishes to enter the program. Applicants should send the completed observation form and all official transcripts to the Student Records and Admissions Office, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 1121 W. Michigan Street, DS105, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5186. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All potential applicants are advised to consult the School of Dentistry’s dental assisting program Web site for updates or changes in dental assisting admissions policies that may occur after publication of this document.