Field Experience/Methods Courses
- EDUC-M 500 Integrated Professional Seminar (0-6 cr.) This seminar is linked to courses and field experiences included in the Transition to Teaching (T2T) program. It will allow for collaboration among school-based mentors, university-based instructors, and T2T candidates in offering academic content appropriate to the program. The seminar will provide a technology-rich and performance- based professional experience. This course has a fee attached.
- EDUC-M 501 Laboratory/Field Experience (1-3 cr.) A laboratory /field experience in education for graduate students. May be repeated.
- EDUC-M 511 Field Experience/Professional Development Seminar (1-3 cr.) C: Q506. Laboratory or field experiences in middle or secondary school science classes. May be repeated.
- EDUC-M 521 Seconday School Mathematics Curriculum and Assessment (3 cr.) C: M469 and M303. Critical examination of standards and other influences on secondary mathematics programs. Critical examination of past and current secondary mathematics curricula, text materials, and other resources available to support and guide secondary mathematics programs. Development of knowledge and skills related to assessment tools and strategies in secondary school mathematics. Spring semester only.
- EDUC-M 522 Teaching Mathematics in the Secondary School (3 cr.) Development of knowledge and skills related to analysis and design of mathematics instruction in secondary school mathematics with attention to selection of appropriate mathematical tasks and tools and the development of classroom discourse communities. Students will be teaching lessons in the co-requisite field experience M501.
- EDUC-M 580 Internship in Music (16-1 cr.) Teaching or experience in an accredited school, normally in Indiana. Credit will be commensurate with time spent in the instructional setting. S/F grading.
- EDUC-M 550 Practicum: variable title (16-1 cr.) Teaching or experience in an accredited school, normally in Indiana. Credit will be commensurate with time spent in the instructional setting. S/F grading.