Departments & Programs
Interdepartmental Major in Philosophy and Religious Studies
Students must take a minimum of 42 credit hours, including one course (from either department) in the philosophy of religion (either P371 or R380) and the following course work in each department:
1. At least 21 credit hours, with no more than one 100-level course counting toward the minimum and with at least 12 credit hours in 300-level or above courses.
2. At least one course above the 100 level in each of the following areas:
- Ethics and value theory
- History of philosophy
- Epistemology and metaphysics
3. One of the following logic courses: P150 or P250.
4. One (3 credit hour) 400-level philosophy course.
1. At least 21 credit hours, with no more than one 100-level course counting toward the minimum and with at least 12 credit hours in courses at the 300 level or above.
2. At least one (above 100 level) course above the 100 level chosen from Area D (Theory, Ethics, Comparison).
3. At least one course above the 100 level chosen from two of the remaining three areas: A (Africa, Europe, and West Asia), B (South and East Asia), C (The Americas).
4. One course (3 credit hours) in Religious Studies at the 400 level other than R494, R495, R496, and R499.
5. R389 Majors Seminar in Religion.