Kelley School of Business majors must complete at least 48 credit hours of Business coursework in the following categories.
1. Fundamentals (13 cr.)
2. Junior/Senior Requirements (5 cr.)
3. Integrative Core (14 cr.)
4. Business Major Courses (15-31 cr.)
5. Business/Economics Supplemental Hours (as needed to reach 48 cr.)
- BUS-A 100 Business Accounting Skills (1 cr.)
- BUS-A 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS-A 202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS-K 201 The Computer in Business (3 cr.)
- BUS-L 201 Legal Environment of Business (3 cr.)
All courses must be completed with a C or higher.
- Junior Year/Senior Requirements
- BUS-Z 302 Managing and Behavior in Organizations (3 cr.)
- BUS-X 420 Business Career Planning and Placement (2 cr.)
- Integrative Core (14 cr.)
In the junior year, Kelley School students enroll in the Integrative Core (I-Core) term, which is designed to make students aware of the extensive interdependence of business functions. The I-Core program consists of five 300-level business courses covering finance, marketing, operations, and strategic management.
- BUS-F 370 Financial Management (3 cr.)
- BUS-I 370 I-Core Discussion (2 cr.)
- BUS-J 370 Strategic Management (3 cr.)
- BUS-M 370 Marketing Management (3 cr.)
- BUS-P 370 Operations Management (3 cr.)
Students attend all classes concurrently; they work in teams on projects requiring the application of skills from each of these areas. The term culminates in a comprehensive case study exercise. Each I-Core course must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
To be eligible for the I-Core experience, students must have successfully completed 56 credits and these prerequisite courses (or equivalents), each with grades of C or higher: BUS-A 100, A201, A202, L201, G202, K201, X104, X201, X204, X220 as well as ECON-E 201, ECON-E 370, MATH-M 118, MATH-M 119, and ENG-W 131. In order to enroll in I-Core, students must complete an online I-Core Certification Application at http://kelley.iu.edu/ugrad/apps/icore_info.cfm. Applications are open from September 15 to October 15 for students registering for spring I-Core and from February 15 to March 15 for both summer and fall I-Core.
Students with questions regarding I-Core should meet with a business academic advisor in the Kelley School.
- Business Major Courses
In addition to fulfilling the General Education component and the Business component requirements previously listed, students in the Kelley School select one or more of the following majors, listed below under their home departments.
- Accounting Major
Business Economics and Public Policy Department
- Economic Consulting Major
- Public Policy Analysis Major
Business Law and Ethics Department
- Legal Studies Major
- Finance Major
- Finance—Real Estate Major
Management and Entrepreneurship Department
- Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation Major
- International Business Co-Major
- Management Major
Operations and Decision Technologies Department
- Information and Process Management Major
- Supply Chain Management Major
- Production/Operations Management Major
- Technology Management Co-Major
Major requirements are subject to change during the two years covered by this bulletin. It is the student’s responsibility to stay informed of significant curricular changes by seeing a business academic advisor on a regular basis. Please see a business academic advisor for current minimum grade requirements.
- Business/Economics Supplemental Hours
Students may choose courses with BUS- or ECON- prefixes (excluding required BUS- or ECON- courses) to complete the 48 credit hour Business/Economics component. The number of Business/Economics Supplemental credit hours required for each student depends on how the criteria for the other categories of the Business/Economics component are satisfied.