About the Kelley Undergraduate Program
Course and Degree Requirements
The Integrative Core
The Integrative Core (I-Core), a semester-long experience of four classes, is designed to pull together all of the concepts in the I-Core prerequisites and instill a higher level of learning that bridges the classroom and the real-world. The professors coordinate their course materials so that students are able to see the connections between various areas of business and use their understanding of those interrelationships to make business decisions. In addition to the I-Core courses of finance, marketing, operations, and leadership, students enroll concurrently in Kelley Compass III: The Business Professional. Throughout the semester, students go through several real-time experiences that challenge them to solve cross-functional business problems while developing their professional and leadership skills. The final I-Core case, a Kelley "rite of passage" is an extensive - and intense - team project in which students demonstrate all they have learned. Students are required to pass each I-Core course and Compass III with a minimum grade of C.
- Students may be in several teams throughout the semester
- They are placed in their final, "case team" at the end of the semester and spend most of the last two weeks preparing the case
- Standard I-Core is offered in the Fall, Spring, or Summer (12-wk summer session)
- Students must apply, online for standard I-Core at http://kelley.iu.edu/ugrad/apps/icore_info.cfm
- Applications for Fall or Summer I-Core are accepted February 15-March 15
- Applications for Spring I-Core are accepted September 15 - March 15
- After receiving approval, students register using BUS-BE 370
- Students beglong to one team throughout the semester and present their final case at the end of the term
- Honors I-Core is available only for students in the Business Honors Program
- Honors I-Core is offered only in the Fall semester
- Students are administratively enrolled in Honors I-Core (see Business Honors academic advisor for information)
See the I-Core prerequisites section for a list of the eighteen courses that need to be completed (all with minimum grades of C) prior to I-Core.