Academic Policies & Procedures
Second Bachelor's Degree
A student who is interested in pursuing a second undergraduate degree in the School of Public Health - Bloomington must complete the following steps:
- Meet with a School of Public Health - Bloomington undergraduate advisor in the department where the second degree is to be pursued to discuss the appropriateness of the second undergraduate degree and review alternative ways to achieve your academic and career goals (e.g., a minor, a certificate program, or a graduate program in the academic area).
- Take at least two courses in the academic area of the additional degree before officially making application to the second undergraduate program.
- Complete the application for a second undergraduate degree (HPER 115). If the entrance requirements for the major have been met, the School of Public Health - Bloomington records office will notify the applicant in an official admission letter.
Second Undergraduate School of Public Health - Bloomington Degree Regulations
- The student must meet the school residence requirement, which states that 30 out of the last 60 credit hours must be completed at the Bloomington campus of Indiana University.
- The second degree must differ from the first degree. A student may not complete another major under the first degree and earn a second identical degree.
- A student pursuing a second undergraduate degree may not enroll in graduate course work unless enrolled in the last semester for both undergraduate majors.
- If the first degree is from another college or university, the applicant must apply to Indiana University through the Office of Admissions.