Undergraduate Academic Programs
Undergraduate students may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Cindy Moore for academic advising.
Department of Kinesiology
School of Public Health - Bloomington
HPER 112 K
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
cmmoore [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs other than the exercise science major, who wish to add an exercise science specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 18 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
- College of Arts and Sciences students completing this minor must earn a minimum grade of C- in each course used in the minor.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Kinesiology Core Course (3 cr.)
Complete the following course:
- HPER-P 212 Introduction to Exercise Science (3 cr.)
Specialization Courses (15 cr.)
Complete 15 credit hours from the following courses:
- HPER-P 205 Structural Kinesiology (3 cr.) or ANAT-A 215 (5 cr.)
- HPER-P 391 Biomechanics (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 398 Adapted Physical Education (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 405 Introduction to Sport Psychology (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 409 Basic Physiology of Exercise (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 452 Motor Learning (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 488 Athletic Training Assessment of and Adaptation for Individuals with Physical Disabilities (3 cr.)
- HPER-P 490 Motor Development and Learning (3 cr.)