Undergraduate Academic Programs
Sport Marketing and Management
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. A student who decides to pursue this minor should visit the records office of his or her degree-granting school/unit to have this minor officially added as an academic objective. Students are responsible for checking with their degree-granting schools/units to determine whether or not this minor may be officially recorded on their transcripts.
Students considering this minor may visit Cindy Moore for academic advising.
Department of Kinesiology
School of Public Health - Bloomington
SPH 112 K
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
cmmoore [at] indiana [dot] edu
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs other than the sport marketing and management major, who wish to add this specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 21 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Sport Marketing and Management Core Courses (12 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- BUS-A 200 Foundations of Accounting (3 cr.) or BUS-A 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 cr.) or BUS-A 202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3 cr.) or BUS-F 260 Personal Finance (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 211 Introduction to Sport Management (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 318 Management of the Sport Enterprise (P: M 211) (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 418 Sport Marketing (P: P211; BUS F260 or BUS A200 or BUS A201 or A202) (3 cr.)
Specialized Electives (9 cr.)
Complete three of the following courses:
- SPH-C 329 Issues in Sport Communication (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 328 Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics (P: M 211) (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 411 Legal Issues in Sport Settings (P: M 211) (3 cr.) or SPH-R 411 Legal Issues in Sport Setting (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 415 Sport Promotion and Public Relations (P: M 211) (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 423 Financial Principles in Sport (P: M 211) (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 426 Sales Management in Sport (P: M 211) (3 cr.)
- SPH-M 428 Strategic Management in the Sport Industry (P: M 211, M 318) (3 cr.)
Recommended (not required)
- SPH-M 495 Practicum in Sport Studies (P: 2.3 CGPA) (1-3 cr.)