- Coordinate internal relations and human resources
- Leader, Development Team
- Member, Leadership Team
- Coordinator, special projects
- Supervise professional staff
- Teach career courses and advise students
Education and Certifications
- Human Resources Management and Legal Compliance Certificate
- Qualified Interpreter, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Qualified Interpreter, Strong Interest Inventory
Jan Nickless has been involved in career services for over 20 years. Her previous positions in Higher Education include Director of the Student Employment Office and Senior Assistant Director of Career Development at Indiana University. "Career Services has been a rewarding career where I've met and worked with wonderful colleagues and amazing students," says Jan. She loves teaching and encouraging students to pursue their passion.
Before beginning her career in Higher Education, Jan was interested in the medical field and worked as a chair-side assistant and lab tech for a local Bloomington dentist. Jan's worst job was a one-day gig selling Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream at the Indianapolis 500 on race day.
Jan is a long-time member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers.