Inform Your Students
Invite a career professional to present for your class or organization. We can focus on a variety of career-related topics, which can be tailored to your student population.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Overview of Services. Introduces students to career-related resources and services available at the Career Development Center.
- Resume writing. How to select relevant content and effective formats for a resume as well as how to write accomplishment statements that promote strengths and skills.
- Cover letter writing. How to write a clear and customized cover letter, to market skills in a compelling way.
- Interviewing. How to prepare for an interview focusing on either content, style, or both.
- The art of networking. The importance of networking in the job search process and the variety of strategies to help your students expand their network.
- Job and internship search strategies. How to locate and use the best resources for researching careers and finding employment opportunities.
- Career fair preparation. How to prepare and navigate a career fair, how to dress, what to bring, and how to present yourself.
- Professionalism. Professionalism and proper etiquette both in an interview and transitioning to the world of work.
Interested in requesting a presentation? Visit our requesting a presentation page for a full description of the Career Development Center's presentation policy and request form.