ASCS Q275 Building Your Professional Portfolio
ASCS Q275 teaches students how to create a professional portfolio and use it as a marketing tool for employers and graduate programs.
- Students create their own professional portfolio, a tangible record of their academic and extracurricular accomplishments.
- Students discuss ways to convey the value of a liberal arts background to potential employers.
- The portfolio encourages students to reflect on what they do well now and what skills they need to build.
- Students connect this self-evaluation to future course and career decisions.
- There is a final in-class presentation but no final exam. The final presentation is used to practice talking about one's own work in a professional setting.
Q275 is a 1 credit hour, 8 week course offered through the College of Arts and Sciences but open to all sophomores, juniors, and seniors.