ASCS Q299: Marketing Yourself for the Job and Internship Search
ASCS Q299 teaches students how to conduct an effective job search. Students learn fundamental skills, including how to:
- Craft a targeted resume outlining relevant skills and qualifications.
- Expand on past experiences in a cover letter.
- Understand interviewing dynamics from the employer's perspective.
- Network effectively.
By the end of the course, students will also be able to:
- Analyze how their skills, interests, and values should influence their career decisions.
- Convey the value of a liberal arts background to potential employers.
- Find and use the research tools available on campus and online.
- Prepare for a smooth transition from college to postgraduate life.
Q299 is a 2 credit hour, 8 week course that is offered through the College of Arts and Sciences but open to all sophomores, juniors, and seniors.