Art and Museum Objects
Activity: Art and Museum Objects Financial Policy: FIN-ACC-I-240, Capitalization of Art and Museum Objects Related Policies: FIN-ACC-I-40, Charitable Gifts to Indiana University FIN-ACC-I-45, Donor Intent Responsibilities Additional Forms: N/A
Things to Know:
- Correct object code must be utilized on the purchase and payment documents
- Contact IU Foundation Gift Planning for assistance with appraisal requirements and documentations: http://iufoundation.iu.edu/giving/gift-planning.html
- See list of Frequently Used Object Codes
- Detail and definition is available at the Indiana University Capital Asset Manual, Accounting for Assets at Indiana University: http://www.fms.indiana.edu/cams/Manual/Manual.asp
- The Capitalization Process: http://www.fms.indiana.edu/cams/
- For more information please contact Jennifer George, email: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to purchase Art for your department, building, conference room, or office?
- How to to get Art works for your office?
- How to carry Art work from place to place or finding storage when buildings are off line?
- How to get informat0ion on Art and artists and Art exhibitons?
- Would you like to check out the IU's Art Collection and see what's available? There is no rental fee or other associated cost for the actual work of art that you choose; however, many of the items on this list are in need of reframing or conservation before installation.
- Please contact IU's Curator of Campus Art, Sherry Rouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-1024 to get information on the many possible choices available for you.