Things to Know:
- Please refer to policy Moving Expense, FIN-ACC-310 for Procedures.
- For information on how to request a quote from a Moving Company, please see click here.
- How do I move households or offices? Please click here for contact information.
- Object code for moving expense is 5070.
- See IRS 521 for tax clarification such as 30 days in transit storage allowed as not taxable; over 30 days is taxable.
- Temporary housing reimbursement is taxable.
- House hunting trip reimbursement is taxable.
- Mileage rate is determined by IRS Guidelines.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-0375 with any tax questions.
Refer to policy Moving Expenses, FIN-ACC-310 for more details.
*Training: To process Disbursement Vouchers employees must enroll in training to obtain certification. See FMS Disbursement Voucher Certification for details.
Related CATS presentation: Moving Expenses