Staff :: Sukhrob R. Karimov, MPA
ICT Specialist, Center for Languages of the Central Asian Region
-MPA, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2008
-B.Sc. Tajik State Technical University, School of Engineering Business and Management, 2005
- Research Interests:
- Desktop/Web/Mobile application development
- Language learning application development
- Web and graphic design
- Designed Publication:
- Uyghur: An Elementary Textbook, Georgetown University Press, 2013
- Pashto: An Elementary Textbook, Vol. 1 & 2, Georgetown University Press, 2011
- Uzbek: An Elementary Textbook, Georgetown University Press, 2010
- Tajiki: An Elementary Textbook, Vol. 1 & 2, Georgetown University Press, 2009
- Presentation Highlights:
- Presented. Arabic/Pashto Script Tutorial. mLearning DemoFest, Mobile Learning Conference & Expo, San Jose, CA, June 18-20, 2013.
- Presented. Technology in Teaching and Evaluating Languages Skills. 2013 National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages Conference (NCOLCTL), Chicago, IL, April 25-28, 2013.
- Presented. Expanding Language Learning Tools through Technology. National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages Conference. Madison, WI, April 2011.
- Presented. Mobile App Development for Language Instruction. Mobile Technologies at Indiana University Event. Bloomington, IN, December 2010.
- Honors and Awards:
- Mobile Design - Adobe Design Achievement Awards Semifinalist Certificate, March 2012
- Application Development - SONY Ltd., AIR App Challenge, November 2011
- Pashto Script Tutorial app - "Most Compelling Academic Application", BlackBerry® Developer Challenge, October 2011
- Tablet App Design/Development - Adobe & Research In Motion, BlackBerry Challenge, February 2011
- IT Support & Project Coordinator - ADT Appreciation Award, 2010
- Project Coordinator - PRT Appreciation Award, 2009
Born in Russia and raised in Tajikistan, Sukhrob Karimov graduated from the School of Engineering Business and Management, Tajik Technical University in 2005. In 2008 he graduated from the School of Public and Environmental Affairs of Indiana University. Currently, Sukhrob is working at the Center for Languages of the Central Asian Region as Information and Communication Technology Specialist.
Sukhrob started his professional life with cinematography industry in Tajikistan at “Kinoservice” Ltd (Dom Kino) in the year of 1999, where he wrote scripts, filmed and montaged several interactive short movies. Soon after, Sukhrob worked at the Aga Khan Development Network with the Aga Khan Humanities Project, where he mastered his web and graphic design skills developing websites for governmental and nonprofit organizations and also designing textbooks for schools and universities.
While pursuing his Master Degree in Public Affairs at SPEA, Sukhrob joined CeLCAR as Database Management Specialist and Graphic Designer in the year of 2007. Today, following his passion in languages, programming and graphic design, he continues developing language learning applications for Tajik, Uzbek, Uyghur, Pashto, Dari, Kyrgyz and Kazakh languages.