Indiana University Bloomington  
College of Arts and Sciences Intensive English Program Department of Second Language Studies  

Visa Information :: Application

When we have received all of your information, we will send you an I-20 visa document. You may present it at an American embassy or consulate and request an F-1 student visa.

You will need to pay a SEVIS (Student Exchange and Visitor Information Service) fee and make a visa interview appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate. See this page for more information about embassy locations and wait times.

NOTE: You should NOT enter the United States on a B-2 (tourist) visa if you want to study at a university. It is very difficult to change from a B-2 (tourist) visa to an F-1 (student) visa.