Health Insurance :: Costs
All students must have approved proof of medical (health) insurance at the time of registration, or must purchase it at registration. A representative from the student insurance office will be at registration to help students.
Approved proof of health insurance is
- $50,000 for each illness
- $50,000 for each accident
- $10,000 for medical evacuation
- $7,500 for repatriation of remains to the home country in case of death
- Female students must have policies that cover the costs of pregnancy, pre-natal care and childbirth in an amount equal to any other sickness.
- This coverage must be in force throughout a student's stay in the U.S.
Purchasing health insurance at the time of registration will cost an average of $200.00 per session.
However, the $200.00 amount is only an average – With holidays and vacation breaks, coverage dates vary each session and costs change according to the number of days a student is covered.
For a copy of the current IU Aetna Health Insurance Policy please visit http://www.indiana.edu/~uhrs/benefits/students.html and look at the International Plan.
*If you need to purchase health insurance, you will need to pay for that either with a credit card or a separate check made out to the insurance company.