Indiana University Bloomington  
College of Arts and Sciences Intensive English Program Department of Second Language Studies  


Students must arrange their own housing. There are many choices available.

On-campus Residential Services

There is a wide variety of housing available in Bloomington for both married and single students. On-campus housing is arranged through the IU Residential Programs and Services (RPS). The IEP office can NOT arrange housing for you. After receiving your application form, we will send you a campus housing application. Campus apartments are all within walking distance of classes and are on the University bus routes. For an idea of what the campus looks like, browse the campus map.

Off-campus Housing

Many off-campus apartments are located near campus or near city bus routes. Off-campus housing is best arranged after your arrival in Bloomington, but you can begin your search by browsing the electronic classified ads for rooms and apartments using several local websites. Links provided are not endorsed by the IEP.

Bloomington Herald Times

Temporary Housing

Temporary housing is available 24 hours a day for arriving students. The current location is Ashton Residence Hall, located at 1800 E. Tenth St.

Residential Programs and Services charges a daily rate for temporary housing. The cost for the first day is *$60.00 and *$30.00 each for the second and third days. Students who need to stay a fourth day are charged *$100.00.

*Prices are subject to change.

If you are an admitted IEP student, you will receive temporary housing information in your IEP Admission Packet.