- Central Eurasian Studies >> Courses >> Course List
- Introductory Mongolian II
- CEUS-T 162/562
- Tserenchunt Legden
The objectives of this course are: 1) To continue the basic knowledge of Mongolian conversation, grammar, reading and writing on the base of competencies mastered in the first semester. 2) To develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills at a novice level. 3) By the end of the semester students will be able to use not only the main cases and verb tenses of Mongolian in their conversation and writing, they will also be able to use some modals and simple kinds of Mongolian compound sentences. 4) To develop knowledge of Mongolian culture and traditions by reading simple Mongolian folk tales.
- Tserenchunt, L. and Sharon Luethy. Sain baina uu? Mongolian Language Textbook, One and Two (with cassettes). Available from the Mongolia Society and at the Language Lab, Ballantine Hall.
- Mongolian Language Textbook. edited by Choi Luvsanjav.
- Other materials are distributed in class.
Exams: Test or quiz at the completion of every lesson, as well as a final examination. The final examination will be in written and oral forms.
- Classroom performance: attendance and participation in the classroom activities 25%
- Homework 15%
- Tests and quizzes 20%
- Writing assignments and oral presentation 10%
- Final exam 30%