- Central Eurasian Studies >> Courses >> Course List
- Advanced Mongolian II
- CEUS-T 362/762
- Tserenchunt Legden
The objectives of this course are: 1) To begin developing a sense of Mongolian literary style through the reading of diverse materials. 2) To improve fluency by giving oral presentations, participating in class discussions, and role playing in various situations. 3) To begin practicing formal translation from Mongolian into English and from English into Mongolian using internet and newspaper materials. 5) To develop knowledge of Mongolian culture and literary history.
- Tserenchunt, L. and Sharon Luethy. Sain baina uu? Mongolian Language Textbook, Three (with cassette). Available from the Mongolia Society and at the Language Lab, Ballantine Hall.
- Hungin, John, G. Intermediate Mongolian. (Available from the Mongol Society).
- Other materials are distributed by the teacher.
Tests and exams: Test or quiz at the completion of every lesson, as well as a final examination.
- Classroom performance: attendance and participation in the classroom activities 25%
- Homework 10%
- Tests and quizzes 20%
- Writing assignments, projects and oral presentation 15%
- Final exam 30%