The objectives of this course are:1)To continue the basic knowledge of Mongolian conversation, grammar, reading and writing on the base of the competencies mastered first year, 2)To introduce the most useful kinds of compound and complex sentences of Mongolian and to develop skills to use them in conversation and writing, 3) To develop knowledge of Mongolian culture and traditions.
1.Sain baina uu Mongolian Language Textbook Two, by L.Tserenchunt and Sharon Luethy with a cassette available from the Mongol Society in Goodbody Hall and in the Language Lab in Ballantine Hall.
2.Sain baina uu Mongolian Language Textbook three with a cassette available from the Mongol Society in Goodbody Hall and in the Language Lab in Ballantine Hall.
3.Mongolian Language Textbook edited by Dr. Choi. Luvsanjab.
- a) Bloomington - Main Library PL.404.M 67 1976
- b) RIFIAS Library.PL.403.M 2.
4. Other materials are distributed by the teacher in class.
Tests and exams: Test or quiz at the completion of every lesson, as well as a final examination
- 1. Classroom performance: attendance and participation in the classroom activities 25%
- 2. Homework 15%
- 3. Tests and quizzes 20%
- 4. Writing assignments, projects and oral presentation 15%
- 5. Final exam 25%