C 471Quiz 1
Communication in Chemistry
A = True B= False
The fact that an abstracting or indexing journal is updated every week or sometimes
daily guarantees that the primary literature covered in that
update is the new primary literature that appeared that week.
- Personal bibliography manager software lets you
easily import data from an online search into your own personal
database. Once in a program such as ProCite or EndNote, you can
print out a bibliography for an article without having to type
the entries individually.
- Chemists usually put
the title of a
journal in a standard abbreviated form when compiling a bibliography for
a primary journal article or a review article. A chemistry reference
tool to help you find the full form of an abbreviated journal
title is CASSI.
- Secondary literature sources are always less
current than the primary literature.
- It is possible that a primary article that appeared
in a chemistry journal this month may not be abstracted in the
weekly printed Chemical Abstracts before January 2002.
- MDL's Chime is free plug-in software that enables
Netscape or Internet Explorer to automatically load depictions of
molecules from various places on the Internet for visualization.
- The ACS Style Guide; A Manual for Authors and Editors is a very
important work for those who are writing
manuscripts to be published in American Chemical Society journals.
- A program that will help you find an acceptable IUPAC name
of a compound is Autonom.
Review serials contain articles or chapters that succinctly survey the key
literature on the topics of interest that have appeared in a given period of
- CHMINF-L and CICOURSE are government agencies established by
Laura Bush to preserve chemical information.