Keyword Searches in the CA File
Plan Your Work Before You Go Online
- Formulate a search statement. Identify key search terms
- Connect to STN (logon).
STN Express tip: Turn "Capture Transcript" on to create a transcript
of your online session.
Work Your Plan Online
Reproduced with the permission of CAS, a Division of the
American Chemical Society, from "Tips for Searching the CAplus & REGISTRY Files."
- Enter the CAplus FILE.
- EXPAND key search terms.
- Execute a preliminary SEARCH.
- Evaluate answers with D SCAN. Identify additional search terms.
Revise query with new search terms and re-run search, as needed.
- DISPLAY results when you are satisfied with them.
Formats in the CA file:
- BIB bibliographic information
- CBIB bibliographic information in a condensed form
- ABS abstract
- IND CAS indexing
- ALL BIB + ABS + IND